Thursday 18 October 2012

My first dress ;)

This is the first dress iv ever designed and made on my own. This particular dress has great sentimental value and explains more about who i am then what can be seen by the eye. I am very proud of this piece as it was the first time i felt like i could be a successful fashion designer after i had made it. I made this dress when i was 16 years old. I had no idea that i was capable of constructing something so beautiful at the time. This garment truly motivated me to follow the career path i am in today. On the day i came for my interview to study fashion design i wore it feeling very confident and proud. months later i was accepted into my first year of fashion design.
This dress is a great part of who i am and i have therefore decided to use this piece as a base for my garment which will convey who i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment